Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happiness is...Reading For Fun

I do read, technically speaking.  I read articles, and textbooks and recently I've been plowing my way through The Odyssey. I am again liberal in my word usage.  Most farmers do not plow for ten minutes than take a forty minute nap.  The truth is, I'm not sure Odysseus and I are on the same page.  He's a bit too Guns and Ammo while I'm a little too Us Weekly.  It's hard to meet in the middle, but we do what we can.

The catch here is that nearly all of the reading I do is for university, and very little, if any, is for my own personal pleasure.  Some people might say they get pleasure from reading for school, and that is absolutely fantastic. I do not, generally. As my favorite blogger over at Eat Move Write would say, sorry, I'm not sorry.  I take what I can, and move on.

Where I get real pleasure, and happiness, is reading for fun.  I love the choice to read what I want, when I want, and where I want.  I'm stubborn like that.  Sorry, I'm not sorry.

Smile and Breathe  xxx

PS:  I'm thinking of making "Happiness is..." posts a daily, or twice daily post.  I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment