Wednesday, March 16, 2011

But What I'm Really Saying Is...

Hey, there.  I'm Laura.

I'm an eighteen (nearly nineteen!) year old who has thus far managed to cobble together a decent amount of success despite a tendency to be a complete disaster.  I am using the word "success" liberally.  I have a high school diploma, and a little more than an 1/8 of a college education, but I don't know if I'd describe that as any measure of "success".   I don't really know what "success" is yet, but currently I'm playing with the idea of success in the form of waitressing. Stay tuned.  

The disaster part is not an exaggeration.  The world falls apart around me, and that isn't just simple melodrama.  The people who needed to fix my dorm room floor, I believe, would be more than happy to attest to the fact that my personal disaster intrudes into the physical world.  

I'm guessing that the fact that I am a neurotic overdramatic doesn't really help anything, though. 

This is who I am.   This is what I'm working with, for better or for worse.  Let's just hope it's for the better. 

Keep on Smiling, Keep on Breathing xxx

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the bountyhunting dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Being Laura is a success in and of itself! I think you rock!

    ReplyDelete