Friday, March 18, 2011

Happiness is....Doing the Right Thing

Fact 1: People are complex and easily misunderstood.
Fact 2: It is important, despite Fact 1, that we continually try to understand those around as best we can.  

I have this friend, and he is a Good Guy.  He has proven this innumerable times, but I believe it is generally unnoticed.  I feel like people often get the wrong impression of him, but personally, I think some people aren't trying to get the right one.  To each their own, and it is their loss.  

A situation arose today where a choice needed to be made.  On my own, I would have made the wrong one.  It was this friend that pushed me into doing the right thing, and I am grateful for his influence. It is amazing how much happiness you can get from walking away from a situation knowing you did exactly what was needed.  

My point here is that it is important to look past everything on the surface that can cloud your judgment--whether about a person or a situation.  You can find inspiration to do the right thing in so many places, but you need to make sure you are willing to look. 

Be slow to judge, quick to appreciate, and give credit where credit is due (Good call, Matt).

Smile and Breathe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment